Even with school starting, summer weather will be sticking around for a while longer, and we all know there's nothing better in the Memphis heat than cooling off with a frozen treat. What you might not know though is that our tea can be used to make a delicious smoothie! Trust us, you will want to try this smoothie recipe.
This recipe makes two small, very rich, decadent smoothies.
- 6 oz. Chocolate Mint Rooibos Tea (from My Cup of Tea)
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. chocolate cream rock sugar (shown below, contact us for availability)
- Freeze 6 oz. of strongly-brewed chocolate mint rooibos tea in a quart-size ziploc, laying it flat in the freezer for 6 hours.
- Prepare and chill an additional 6 oz. of tea.
- Pour chilled tea over 1/3 cup unsalted cashews and 3 mint leaves in a blender.
- Add 1 tsp. chocolate cream rock sugar and blend on high until cashews are smooth.
- Add frozen tea, broken into chunks, and blend on high until slushy.
- Now enjoy, and let us know how you like it!
More Tea Recipes to Come
This isn't the only tea-infused smoothie recipe we hope to share with you here on our blog, so check back for more! And if you have used our tea in a special smoothie of your own, we would certainly love to try it here at the House at Orange Mound. Please feel free to comment below with the recipe!